pet catfish 180

jconley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
Columbia, MD
Shark Aquarium has a great reputation but I can ALMOST guarantee that they are Marbles, perrunos seem pretty to hard to find. Necrocanis knows more that I but I think if there are less than 11 eleven dorsal spines then it's a perruno, if 11 or more, it's a longibarbus. You may want to ask for a pic or at least a spine count if it really matters that much to you.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
pwmin;1358055; said:
i'm looking for a perruno. it would be perfect for a 180 since they get about 24". sharkaquarium has small ones for like $20 and ive seen another vendor on here with some. L. longibarbus (marmotus) can get like 36" so would be too big for a 180, no?
Problem with perrunos is the fact that probably 99% are actually L. longibarbis. Safe bet is a dorsal fin ray count. If they have more than 11 total rays in their dorsal fin it's definitely a L. longibarbus. Otherwise you are one of the rare people who actually got a perruno. I have yet to see a confirmed pic of a perruno. According to all scientific literature I can find on them I still don't think I've ever seen but one pic and that's in an old book I have here at my house.

KittyKatKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Bellport, NY
I can't honestly say. Mine changes his attitude everyday. I bought him for company in my 55 with my Channel cat (both fish about 10" lasted 2 weeks and whenever the Channel went near the Goby the Goby bit him but when night time comes the pleco rules and everyone listens. Now they get along fine but like I said I got more structure so they don't seem to be trying to get into the same hidey hole all the time. It's so hard to determine who is going to be aggressive/territorial.

ewurm has a marble goby but I do not know what is in the tank with it.

122.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store