Petsmart 125 stand got a little wet

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
When you get time, could you send me some blueprints/instructions of how you did that? Thanks!
Actually duplicated this from someone on the forum just beefed it up more. I will look for the thread and post it for you btw didn't use any blue print just measured length and width of old stand. Don't allow any Home improvement store to cut your wood most only rough cut.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Crap, looks like marineland black oak stands are. "water resistant" particle board also.

I feel like I'm in a mess with this. My wife and buddy say let it ride, it's gonna be just fine for at least the next year now that we have the leaking filter thrown out. Me, I'm worried.

So looks like my friend and I are gonna be building a stand. He's handy lol
why did you throw the leaking filter out when 90% of them come w/ a warrantee through the manufacturer? Just call the manufacturer and explain your situation, they might even reimburse you for the stand. Leaking filter can be a fire-hazard, therefore legally-binding mitigation and other good stuff like that.

Aparker2005

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
I called Aquatop and they said unfortunately they only have a 1 year warranty. I told them nothing I had done caused the thing to leak but they said it was probably my O rings that I hadn't checked when I did.

Aparker2005

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
why did you throw the leaking filter out when 90% of them come w/ a warrantee through the manufacturer? Just call the manufacturer and explain your situation, they might even reimburse you for the stand. Leaking filter can be a fire-hazard, therefore legally-binding mitigation and other good stuff like that.
I set the filter aside and sent them a long email explaining how I called Friday and was basically told to check o rings. Everything is in tact and no water should have gotten into the uv bulb. Maybe they'll come through on something. Customer satisfaction is everything. It was an extremely good filter and I'd probably buy another. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I set the filter aside and sent them a long email explaining how I called Friday and was basically told to check o rings. Everything is in tact and no water should have gotten into the uv bulb. Maybe they'll come through on something. Customer satisfaction is everything. It was an extremely good filter and I'd probably buy another. We'll see what they say tomorrow.
Make sure you throw the whole "Well, I have other filters from _____________ (insert brand name) and THEY took care of me even AFTER the warrantee was up" and all that other good stuff. Make them realize there is a lot of stiff competition for aquarium products and you can simply not buy their brand again if they don't at least help you out to some extent

Reactions: Athletic_Amph

Aparker2005

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
And I received basically a we can do nothing. I got the filter through a 3rd party seller on ebay brand new. I understand buying through ebay has risks, but a manufacturing defect such as this should be covered. This was a fire hazard, and a company that will stand by their products no matter what says a lot. Aquatop obviously isn't one. Ashamed too as much as I liked the filter.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
If AquaTop was made by one of the two big boys in the industry; Central garden and pet or united pet group. One calm, cool email or phone call is all it takes for them to replace the product or resolve an issue for you. If you get all nasty with them, chances are they're not going to listen. Not saying you did this! Just something I've discovered over the years.

A fella on another board I frequent had a large Marineland tank's bottom blow out on him. It was installed on an expensive, very well built custom stand. He contacted United pet group, showed them pictures, etc, and they reimbursed him for the whole setup, tank, stand and all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store