PH Level for RBP's

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
The water in my area has a PH of around 6.6-6.8 and I have raised Red Belly Piranhas a few times in it. I think as long as the PH is around 7.0 the Piranha will enjoy it.

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
Caveman said:
The water in my area has a PH of around 6.6-6.8 and I have raised Red Belly Piranhas a few times in it. I think as long as the PH is around 7.0 the Piranha will enjoy it.
:grinyes:

Wilson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2005
Ipswich Suffolk
Caveman said:

Thanks.. I dont know how important it is really... but I've read all these things about hard water soft water and ph levels etc... so thought I'd look into it!!!

Do people test their water much in general?

Thanks again
Marc

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
I never test me p's tank....I just go off of the colors to see if they are ever stressed and just keep up basic tank maintenance with water changes, etc.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
At least you are making sure about everything and asking good questions. Some people will buy fish and figure everything out later.

Wilson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2005
Ipswich Suffolk
JD_MAN said:
At least you are making sure about everything and asking good questions. Some people will buy fish and figure everything out later.

Thanks for comments.... Well I have some time, as I cant even get the tank in place until she lets me take down the xmas tree! Plus it can be costly to get it wrong!!

shmeva_riles_7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2005
Swift Current Sk
Its better to be safe than sorry!! :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store