Phase Two Started

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I know this tank was built a while back...........how is it doing now? Any updates or tips you may have picked up over the years........
The tank is still running fine. I have 8 of the original 10 Dats and they are all over a foot and 5 years old now. When I got them they were the size of a quarter. 7 SD's, three are from my original batch and are 7 years old now. Pleco, two Del's, Synodontis angelica, and a Black Ghost Knife round out the rest of the stock. I haven’t added a fish in years.

Tips:
I love the metal stand. I'm very confident it will last forever. A lot of my other stands are made of wood and through the years with water spills and humidity I’m worried all the time about the structural integrity of the wood stands.
Trickle system is the bomb diggity, I run 2 gallons of pure unfiltered tap water in to my tank and the two gallons of dirty water over flows down my tank overflows into my sump then overflows again out of my sump and into my yard. Fish love the tap water and my plants in my yard love the fish water. Awesome set up. Once a week I change out a filter pad in the bio tower on the right side of the tank. No other maintenance is done except cleaning the glass once in a while and feeding the monsters.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Well since its back up at the top, lets see a fts update ;)

vishwa.J

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2014
Sri Lanka
Wow great tanks!! and awsome work on backgrounds and plumbing :D ..I only have a 180 gallon..
btw what is that Substrate? Tahitian Moon Sand? I like the Nice black Colour in them..

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Speachless at both this and the 450 build thread. A+ work man!

Sent from my LGL96G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store