Photography Thread

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all! I'm not sure if we have something like this already, but I thought this could be a cool thread for people who enjoy photography in general. I know that a lot of people here do fish and tank photography (including myself), but I'm creating this thread for the people who also like taking pictures of other things and sharing those pictures.

Here are some of mine to start the party:

Zoo Picture:
4th Facebook Zoo.JPG
Beach (I think in Pensacola, Florida):
Beach Chairs .jpg
Dandelion:
Brody's Picture 1.JPG
Stairs:
View attachment Swirling Stairs......JPG

Most of these were taken with my Nikon. Some were edited for effect, but no more. I don't like doing a whole lot of editing on photos because I believe it takes away from the actual photo.

I can't wait to see what y'all have!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I'm not really into serious photography but I do like taking the odd chance picture with my phone if the opportunity presents itself.

Below is a picture I took one very early morning in Greece last year whilst out on a bike ride.

I was that chuffed with this sunrise picture I decided to have it enlarged and printed onto canvass. It is now on the wall in my fish room.

IMG_20230727_064903_HDR.jpg

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I mostly like wildlife/zoo animal photos (with a few scenic shots thrown in). Here’s a few of my favorites over the past year since getting a phone with a good camera (iPhone 14 pro).
Orb weaver spider (Disney’s Animal Kingdom):IMG_1319.jpegPhilodromus spider (found in my house):IMG_1431.jpeg
Wolfdog (at a wolfdog farm I volunteer at):
IMG_1546.jpeg

Mosquito (at a hotel in Florida):IMG_1275.jpeg
White tailed Deer (in my backyard):IMG_1170.jpeg
Praying mantis:IMG_0926.jpeg
Solar Eclipse:IMG_1461.jpeg
Bahaman anole (Magic Kingdom)IMG_1384.jpeg
Komodo dragon (Animal Kingdom):IMG_1316.jpeg
My personal favorite, Lion (Six Flags Great Adventure):IMG_0682.jpeg

Americancichlidsaredabest

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
I mostly like wildlife/zoo animal photos (with a few scenic shots thrown in). Here’s a few of my favorites over the past year since getting a phone with a good camera (iPhone 14 pro).
Orb weaver spider (Disney’s Animal Kingdom):View attachment 1542859Philodromus spider (found in my house):View attachment 1542857
Wolfdog (at a wolfdog farm I volunteer at):
View attachment 1542858

Mosquito (at a hotel in Florida):View attachment 1542860
White tailed Deer (in my backyard):View attachment 1542861
Praying mantis:View attachment 1542862
Solar Eclipse:View attachment 1542863
Bahaman anole (Magic Kingdom)View attachment 1542864
Komodo dragon (Animal Kingdom):View attachment 1542865
My personal favorite, Lion (Six Flags Great Adventure):View attachment 1542866
You were able to pull out a camera and take a picture of the spider IN YOUR HOUSE?! I think I would’ve just ran around screaming my head of lol

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
You were able to pull out a camera and take a picture of the spider IN YOUR HOUSE?! I think I would’ve just ran around screaming my head of lol
I love spiders - always have. They take care of pests and just look/act cool while doing it. Funny enough I actually forgot to let that one out so it’s definitely still roaming. That species is harmless though.
These two, on the other hand, can cause some problems:
1716413767837.png
Top one is a black widow, while the bottom is a yellow sac spider. They are the only NJ natives of true medical significance (though a wolf spider will also hurt bad).

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I love spiders - always have. They take care of pests and just look/act cool while doing it. Funny enough I actually forgot to let that one out so it’s definitely still roaming. That species is harmless though.
These two, on the other hand, can cause some problems:
View attachment 1542870
Top one is a black widow, while the bottom is a yellow sac spider. They are the only NJ natives of true medical significance (though a wolf spider will also hurt bad).
You just turned this thread into something unholy :1zhelp::ROFL:

Although I'm giving you crap for the spiders Deadeye *cough* your pictures are good, and so are everyone else's!

• Haha
Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ikr! I think we all figured out why his username is Deadeye LOL
Actually that’s a reference to the leporinus in my profile pic - a piranha bit out its eye so I started calling him Deadeye.

Back to photos, here’s an elephant:
IMG_0688.jpeg
And a giraffe:
IMG_0723.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store