Photoshopped Picture contest?

cambo01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
chesterfield uk
Druu;2540977; said:
It obviously wouldn't be fair to sponsor contests based on a specialty. The contests where microsoft paint is the only software is used are fair bc anyone has access to it and most people can figure it out. Why not sponsor a contest for the person that can perform the best root canal? How about a contest for the best legal memorandum? (I've got a killer one on premises liability.)
on your theory then no comps should run! i cant enter the cake thing as i'm in the uk so ban that:screwy:

would be a gr8 idea for a comp i hope it gets used and would love to see all the entries lol

KLee79

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Ohio
my avatar is an example...thats my fish that i used. made that years ago. but if you dont have photoshop, guess you dont get to play lol

lordofthejewsjr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
thats a good question
does it have to be about fish or can it be anything in general? this was my final in computer art so i already have three.

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
If software was limited to something free and readily available, I'd see no problem with that. Once you specify photoshop, that entails several hundred dollars in software cost that not all mfk users may be able to spend.

Ryanmahe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2008
Canada
the contest sounds like a great idea.

druu, with what your saying, then picture of the month isnt fair either, because not everyone on mfk can afford to drop hundreds of dollars on a nice camera. Lots of people on mfk have photoshop and IMO it would be a fun contest.

Mystus Redtail

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Fishing in Wisconsin
Druu;2644924; said:
If software was limited to something free and readily available, I'd see no problem with that. Once you specify photoshop, that entails several hundred dollars in software cost that not all mfk users may be able to spend.
In response to that, the term "photoshopped" has been adapted to mean any image/series of images that has/have been altered from their original state. There are many "digital darkroom"/ photo editors out there. Plenty of them are free. Google Paint.NET sometime. It has many of the capabilities of photoshop but it is a freeware/shareware that is completely free to use. I don't think that the contest rules would limit people to using the Adobe Company's program titled "Photoshop".

Ryanmahe;2645464; said:
the contest sounds like a great idea.

druu, with what your saying, then picture of the month isnt fair either, because not everyone on mfk can afford to drop hundreds of dollars on a nice camera. Lots of people on mfk have photoshop and IMO it would be a fun contest.

I agree completely.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
Druu;2540977; said:
It obviously wouldn't be fair to sponsor contests based on a specialty. The contests where microsoft paint is the only software is used are fair bc anyone has access to it and most people can figure it out. Why not sponsor a contest for the person that can perform the best root canal? How about a contest for the best legal memorandum? (I've got a killer one on premises liability.)
lol iv got a good one on assesing whether my company needed to change its rules to obide by the Corporate Manslaughter ACt 2007....got to the end of it and was like, look peeps, afraid if u dont make changes by the end of the month then im reporting u!
lol
WORRYING

jbnebres

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
NE of Asian Arowana F
i would be down for the contest.

the claim that its unfair b/c people dont have a specific program is a big FAIL.
I think it's enough that to be eligible to most(ifnotall) contests, one must have or exceed 300 posts. and with that said, i need to get posting..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store