pic for pic

muskymayhem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
O.k. here goes nothing (first post). Here are a couple of Minnesota fish for the earlier comment about fish not growing large up north: smallmouth bass, couple largemouth bass, one of my recent muskies and one of my cousins recent musky.

DSC01970.JPG

DSC01976.JPG

HPIM0359.JPG

HPIM0985.JPG

Mussin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Lima,Ohio
I BIG into fishing as well. I fish for EVERYTHING, end of winter Walleye, summer Large/small mouth bass, crappie, white bass, perch big gills, Channel cats, fall Salmon.. Here are some pics..

w1.jpg

salmon4.jpg

salmon2.jpg

5lb bass.jpg

Mussin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Lima,Ohio
In those pics above the walleye went 8lbs, the salmoan was 18lb and the bass right under 5lb..

My 7yr old son loves to fish as well...

!cid__0531091953a.jpg

fish.JPG

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
Mussin;3758515; said:
I BIG into fishing as well. I fish for EVERYTHING, end of winter Walleye, summer Large/small mouth bass, crappie, white bass, perch big gills, Channel cats, fall Salmon.. Here are some pics..
Thos are some nice size kings, But I wouldnt keep them when they look like that :barf:,Thos go right back to once they came when I catch them and they look like zombies.

Mussin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Lima,Ohio
MultispeciesTamer;3759611; said:
Thos are some nice size kings, But I wouldnt keep them when they look like that :barf:,Thos go right back to once they came when I catch them and they look like zombies.
Hey Beggers cant be choosers..They taste DAMN good! Almost all of the ones we see look like this.. Those salmon are dirty, they arent that dark. I have seen some zombies you talk about, you could walk in and grab them... Where do you fish for Salmon? We go to welston every fall and fish the Manistee river and lil manistee. We usually go to Tippy dam (if its not too crowded) Egg sucking leaches and spawn are my weapons of choice.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
Mussin;3761268; said:
Hey Beggers cant be choosers..They taste DAMN good! Almost all of the ones we see look like this.. Those salmon are dirty, they arent that dark. I have seen some zombies you talk about, you could walk in and grab them... Where do you fish for Salmon? We go to welston every fall and fish the Manistee river and lil manistee. We usually go to Tippy dam (if its not too crowded) Egg sucking leaches and spawn are my weapons of choice.
I fish Berrien springs Dam on the St.Joesph river. Yours may not be zombies and I did take into account that they were dirty, they are very thin as such have been in the river for a while. For kings Iam a lure guy nothing beats a big king slamming a lure. Baits that have been good are spinners (Oslos and mepps), Rattle traps (Rapala and Xcalibur) Spoons (little Cleo and Mepps) and many other baits and companys such as storm. I use a Gloomis: steelhead series 9'8 ML Fast action rod. I have a Pflueger Supreme reel that holds over 300 yds over Power pro 15 pound. The setup is good for casting the spinners the max distance and also for a ML action rod has more backbone then most steelhead rods, making for turning the fish towards me even easyer. The reason I use such a big reel is to tire them out, with 300 yds of line theres no worry of running out of line they can run till there harts content. The St. joesph river is a large river and where I fish I can not even come close to casting across. In fact in might even be wider then 300 yds.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store