Picasso triggerfish mates?

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
I really wanted to add a lionfish or two, but I have read Horrible stories! ....what are the best tank mates for a Picasso triggerfish ? It's in a 240 gallon! & he is only 3"

Screenshot_20200731-021421_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I really wanted to add a lionfish or two, but I have read Horrible stories! ....what are the best tank mates for a Picasso triggerfish ? It's in a 240 gallon! & he is only 3"

View attachment 1426975
Don't add any Catshark species the Picasso Trigger will bite eyes of the Shark. Personally had this happen to a Catshark I had in the aquarium with a small Picasso Trigger. Warned a lfs to remove a Queen Trigger out of a aquarium with Catsharks they ignored me so went back a couple of weeks later and sharks were missing eyes. I was very upset at the employee for not listening to me. Maybe a small Grouper species will be ok.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I kept dog face puffer and harlequin tuskfish with mine without any problems.
Aggressive eater though. I had to take care that the puffer got something to eat.

The one I had may have been an anomaly, he was spitting water at me and ate in the bucket while acclimating, before it was ever added to the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store