Picked up a 535

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Thanks looks really well done!! I like it
Thank you sir. Want to finish this quickly so I can get the tank on the stand so I can finish the plumbing. Will be asking lots of questions as I figure he rest of this out.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thank you sir. Want to finish this quickly so I can get the tank on the stand so I can finish the plumbing. Will be asking lots of questions as I figure he rest of this out.
Looking forward to it, ask away. You’re so close to no more heavy lifting!

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I’ll be getting the tank onto the stand this Saturday. Finally. Afterwards, have to finish the plumbing and get it leak tested before I start Scaping.

After reading every thread I can find on the various forums on how to fix potential leaky pvc joints, I found one where the solution was to apply a head of Weldon 16. I went ahead and applied it to the joints where the manifolds meet the bulkheads on the ultima return. This may have not been necessary but I didn’t feel like I attached the manifold properly because the three joints that attach created too much lag time for me to apply and set in time when lining up the three holes. I’m probably just too much of a rookie. Peace of mind is priceless though. If anyone has leaky pvc joints, here’s a possible solution.

Lastly, did maintenance on the 280 and am now relaxing with a drink. Here’s a pic.

10F11B2E-6700-476A-8AD9-A0416FF1CB24.jpeg

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I’ll be getting the tank onto the stand this Saturday. Finally. Afterwards, have to finish the plumbing and get it leak tested before I start Scaping.

After reading every thread I can find on the various forums on how to fix potential leaky pvc joints, I found one where the solution was to apply a head of Weldon 16. I went ahead and applied it to the joints where the manifolds meet the bulkheads on the ultima return. This may have not been necessary but I didn’t feel like I attached the manifold properly because the three joints that attach created too much lag time for me to apply and set in time when lining up the three holes. I’m probably just too much of a rookie. Peace of mind is priceless though. If anyone has leaky pvc joints, here’s a possible solution.

Lastly, did maintenance on the 280 and am now relaxing with a drink. Here’s a pic.

View attachment 1315599
Curious to see the pics this weekend. Beginning to plan my plumbing as my tank should be delivered in ~2 weeks.

Haven’t had JW blue in probably 10-12 years. I was always a single malt type of guy when I was a scotch drinker. Enjoy!

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017

View attachment 1315599
Looking forward to seeing this beast up and running. Nothing as relaxing as a nice glass of blue watching the fish.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Curious to see the pics this weekend. Beginning to plan my plumbing as my tank should be delivered in ~2 weeks.

Haven’t had JW blue in probably 10-12 years. I was always a single malt type of guy when I was a scotch drinker. Enjoy!
I will post pics and ask a million questions along the way. :)

I’m a cognac and brandy guy myself. Single malts and blendeds all work for me. I’m equal opportunity. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this beast up and running. Nothing as relaxing as a nice glass of blue watching the fish.
Can’t wait to move forward on this project!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store