Pickup fish(air cargo) in Newark Airport

gfk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2009
USA
Can anyone tell me the general procedure on how to pickup a box of fish in Newark airport? Which air cargo airline mostly use by fish vendors and any parking space at the cargo pickup area? Thanks,

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Delta cargo I’ve used a few times. Park right in front of the office. Pretty smooth unless your flight gets delayed.

gfk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2009
USA
Thanks, didn;t ask the airline used by the vendor yet as I am not very comfortable because never do this., Do I have to wait home for the airline to call me on the short notice or just go when the plane is landed from their web site? How long I have to wait while there and what ID do I needed, etc..

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks, didn;t ask the airline used by the vendor yet as I am not very comfortable because never do this., Do I have to wait home for the airline to call me on the short notice or just go when the plane is landed from their web site? How long I have to wait while there and what ID do I needed, etc..
Whoever you are buying the fish from will send you all the pertinent information which should include a tracking number.You can stay updated on the arrival time of your package by entering that number on the cargo company's website and head on down there when you know the plane has arrived.I have only been asked for my driver's license for identification.

gfk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2009
USA
OK, head down when the plane is landed w driver license. Sound easy, should I open the box on the spot to check the fish before signing some sort of release paper?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
OK, head down when the plane is landed w driver license.
.....and money for the shipping charges.You should be able to open the package as soon as it is handed over to you.
The last time I used air cargo they kept changing the arrival time. The first scheduled time was at 4pm at it changed about three more times and I didnt get my package until after midnight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store