Pics from recent trip to Omahas Henry Doorly Zoo

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
Took a trip to the zoo and here's some pics, I'll try to get more next time. I really wanted to get pics of the Arapaima but the light in that part wasn't good at all and couldn't get a clear shot.

The shots I got of the 'gold crossback Asian arowana', I can't verify that's what this is because I have zero expertise but here are the pics:
IMG_0137.JPG IMG_0138.JPG IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0143.JPG

Thought I had a few shots of the 14" giant gourami that kept trying to photobomb but I can't find them now. I would like to know if anyone can identify a fish for me:
IMG_0142.JPG
They look like barbs from 1-3", all are mostly orange with varying black stripes across their backs. Some have a blue patch in the cheek area. Any ideas would be great.

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
For the saltiest of you here's one of the big groupers that have been recently added:
IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0136.JPG
Probably 4' long and 1' around.

The green moray eel that is usually always just a head was out in the open and he is really bright green and looks to be easily 6' long:
IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0133.JPG

And for Yuki Rihwa Yuki Rihwa what looks to me like your tesselata:
IMG_0134.JPG

I'll be returning a few times this summer so will get more pics and add them to the thread thanks for looking.

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
That Tess is a monster and that Crossback Gold Aro is nice but it's not top of the line quality because at that size it would be a swimming 24K Gold Bar Arowana :)
Oh I have no doubt it's not high quality, I was just surprised to see it in a zoo in the middle of America, I would really like to know how they came about getting it.

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa
A

AquaAlex1993

Wow very nice! Love the Asian aro!
I'm going to New England Aquarium on Tuesday, will have new pics!

Reactions: FMA4ME
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store