Pics of my AFT Forskheli

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Loving this fish had it 2 months now. Bought as a vittatus but seems to be a Forskheli. Its grown a fair bit already and is now in my bigger tank with igger fish that I was scared would eat it. It loves the extra space and flow and literally never stops moving. Its grown loads as well probably about 7" now from 5 and much deeper in the body with the most growth on the tail

IMG_E7159.JPG

IMG_E7171.JPG

IMG_E7174.JPG

IMG_E7184.JPG

IMG_E7187.JPG

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Nice fish. My favourite type of Tiger fish.
What's the growth rate like? Is the tish on pellets or life feeders or both?
He is my first, I would like a Vitattus some day.

He eats prawn, mussell and silver sides hes taken massivore and just spits it out

I got him in November as a skinny 5" I'd say he is a much chunkier 7" now hes in my bigger tank now with loads more flow and oddly eats a bit less now he is in there but looks happier and his tail is what has grown the most.

My favourite fish he is

Reactions: Ash_water

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
He is my first, I would like a Vitattus some day.

He eats prawn, mussell and silver sides hes taken massivore and just spits it out

I got him in November as a skinny 5" I'd say he is a much chunkier 7" now hes in my bigger tank now with loads more flow and oddly eats a bit less now he is in there but looks happier and his tail is what has grown the most.

My favourite fish he is
Great. Look after it well at it will eventually grow to be a beautiful fish also a very aggressive one at that lol.

I had a Forskahlii before which grew up to around 9 inches. Extremely aggressive towards anything that swims mid area of the tank. However it got killed by my 18 inch ish Endlicheri when I moved him to my bigger bichir tank (bad move. Forskahlii was still too small for that).

Currently have another Tiger fully on pellets Which was sold as a Vittatus. I really hope it's a Forskahlii to be honest. Better fish for my taste.
Also very personable fish.

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Great. Look after it well at it will eventually grow to be a beautiful fish also a very aggressive one at that lol.

I had a Forskahlii before which grew up to around 9 inches. Extremely aggressive towards anything that swims mid area of the tank. However it got killed by my 18 inch ish Endlicheri when I moved him to my bigger bichir tank (bad move. Forskahlii was still too small for that).

Currently have another Tiger fully on pellets Which was sold as a Vittatus. I really hope it's a Forskahlii to be honest. Better fish for my taste.
Also very personable fish.
Thats interesting about the Endi mines in with one thats about 16" I hadnt thought about him as being a threat I was worried about the big jaguar cichlid but theyve been fine.

Just out of interest what do you prefer about the Forsk? I have no prior experience of either so just curious.

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
Thats interesting about the Endi mines in with one thats about 16" I hadnt thought about him as being a threat I was worried about the big jaguar cichlid but theyve been fine.

Just out of interest what do you prefer about the Forsk? I have no prior experience of either so just curious.
Endlis are aggressive sometimes but more than than they just try to eat anything that fits their mouth. Better not risk it.

Forskahlii are more aggressive than other types. Also they are less skittish. My new Tiger which I strongly feel is a Forskahlii basically begs for food when I enter the room.
Also they are much easier to house in a home aquarium setting. Which my save you from an expensive lesson 😅.

All in all I mostly prefer their more forward bold kinda personality and the less demanding size factor.

Reactions: Killduv and Simonas

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Endlis are aggressive sometimes but more than than they just try to eat anything that fits their mouth. Better not risk it.

Forskahlii are more aggressive than other types. Also they are less skittish. My new Tiger which I strongly feel is a Forskahlii basically begs for food when I enter the room.
Also they are much easier to house in a home aquarium setting. Which my save you from an expensive lesson 😅.

All in all I mostly prefer their more forward bold kinda personality and the less demanding size factor.
The size thing is a positive, what sort of size do they level out?

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
The size thing is a positive, what sort of size do they level out?
Can reach 12 inches in a home aquarium easily I think. Some can grow bigger like 15 inches with time, good care and space. Do remember Forskahlii is one of the slowest growing ATF according what I know. So you have to be patient.

Reactions: Simonas
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store