pics of some inventory for week of 10/19/09

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
All the great cichlids for which we've seen impressive adults photos each started out small.
Here are some 'baby photos' of a few species now available, followed by adult photos for reference.

You've probably already seen the adult pics (above) that my friend George has posted of that gorgeous wild breeding pair.
Now the first batch of F1 fry are ready to go. They are 1" at 10.00 each.

Once again, George has captured this beautiful species on camera in one of many tremendous photos.
Juveniles of 1" size are now available at 10.00 each.

female above ^ , male below v

This undescribed jewel of a cichlid was originally collected from the Rio Pantepec around 1990. It was recognized as a new fish to the hobby by Willem Heijns and fellow collectors.
Juveniles at 1" size are 10.00 each.

Above is a photo of one of the wild breeding pair of bartoni I maintain.
Their fry are available at 1.25-1.5" at 10.00 each.

Here is such an interesting and entertaining cichlid to keep and breed. This is the 'buffalo head cichlid' that's been in the trade for many, many years.
I get asked for fish with a nuchal hump quite often. These little fish sport major kok at just 1.5-2" size. They go for 15.00 each.

Available again is the very brightly colored captive bred form of 'super red severum'. The current batch on hand are 2.25-2.5" at 25.00 each, 20.00 each in a 6 lot, or 15.00 each in a 10 lot!

I put one of these new characins in my office tank. This fish rocks! It can make you dizzy trying to watch as it does laps and figure eights around the tank. I had a heck of time trying to photograph this guy-they never rest!
So this is the 'flagtail Leporinus' I have listed as Leporinus cf. striatus of 2.5-3" size at 15.00 each.
I honestly don't know the correct species designation of this fish.
If someone out there can positively ID this fish and provide photographic reference(s), please share your information here.

Above is a very rarely encountered wild white labiatus. I've had him and an equally rarely seen wild white female for a couple years. They just recently sucessfully bred for the first time, after which the above male proceeded to knock down the divider and kill his mate.
I thought I'd photographed the female at one time or another, but I can't seem to locate any of those photos at the moment.
At any rate, the F1 fry produced by this pair are now being grown out here in my tanks.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
paratheraps breidorhi look sweet never seen those before

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
great jeff, I just need to now go set up some more tanks

Ripdevil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
DMV
its amazing how long it took those devils to breed, but thank goodness they did!

amazing stock!

winbuynow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2009
ny
Hey Jeff Thxs for the cubans and the Istlanums. They are better than I could have imaged and might I say you do the best packing of fish for shipping I have ever seen. Here are a couple of pic's of the cubans. I don't have a good camera and the pictures don't do them justice.

IMG_2762a.jpg

IMG_2725a.jpg

dookie

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Hong Kong
wow i want some cubans like those. any left from this batch?

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
joworth;3604556; said:
i think his cubans are all usually from the same parents
Thanks for the answer, but I have many pairs to work with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store