Pikes with datnoid??

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Hey guys,

What are pikes like? Are they agressive like other cichlids??

I would like to try some with my 12 inch dat. Do you think there will be any problems??

Thanks,
Steve

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I have one in with two dats and a temensis.. They get along pretty well.. He actually doesn't mess with the dats at all and they don't bother him.. Him and the temensis scrap sometimes. But the temensis is around 8" and the pike only 4-5. I would suggest the pike being smaller than the dats but that is my 2 cent

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
they are aggressive/territorial just like other cichlids. Its not the datnoid you'd need to be worried about, its the multiple pikes fighting each other. If the tank's big enough...

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Ok thanks guys :)

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
WELL!! Personally, I would make sure that the pike cichlid is AT LEAST half the size of the dats...since dats are predators, and if the pike is small enough, they are gonna try and eat it. Pikes are by far my fav. type of cichlid, as I have stated several times and many of you know. Stevo(Repair) learned this the hardway at the ACA since i stayed around and only really looked at the pike cichlids at the show...lol. There are three main families of pike cichlids , but i can't member the name of the third one, or how to spell if for that matter. I know it starts with an R though... :p . The pikes from that family aren't encountered as often, and most of them have an atrophied swimbladder so they rest on their belly a lot of the time. I believe that sp. 'belly crawler' is in this family. ack..i gotta go..but i will finish this later...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store