Pink Belly Side Neck Turtle in 'Community' Tank

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Probably not going to attack anyone, this is a rather peaceful turtle species, oddly they rarely bask, but still require uvb light as all turtles do

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
Probably not going to attack anyone, this is a rather peaceful turtle species, oddly they rarely bask, but still require uvb light as all turtles do
Yeah, so I've read. Quite happy with him, seems like a giant version of my three stripe mud turtle who cohabs nicely as well. This guy apparently was basking fairly often according to the previous owner, so we'll see if that remains the case.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Viridis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
I'd be more worried about the large fish picking at him than vice versa; however they appear fairly calm.

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
I'd be more worried about the large fish picking at him than vice versa; however they appear fairly calm.
They're all scared of him, as he's nipped a bit of all their fins. No serious damage, but the anal fins on both severums are dulled and my gouramis tail filaments are gone, etc. My bichirs, vulture catfish, and fire eel haven't been bothered by him though.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
I too am curious how it’s all worked out.

How big is she now?
How did this end up working out?

It worked out beautifully for 5 months, but I ended up being offered an asian arowana for $300, so I sold the turtle to a friend with a 400 gallon tank and experience with aquatic turtles (two pig nose tanks). Turtle is still going strong in his care, happier in the bigger tank too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store