Piranha Live Webcam

longislandfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
piranhalivecam;4472366; said:
Will work out a feeding schedule and post it on the site. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the cams! Hopefully I'll be able to move them in a bigger tank soon and set up some HD webcams.

Do it! great concept. Feeding time seems like it could be a big draw. Its unfortunate Piranha are docile when not eating. maybe you could do a little dance in between feedings.

Dark Jester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2010
Meet Pixie and Dixie! Pixie and Dixie are two adult piranhas from the Pygocentrus Nattereri (Red Belly Piranha) species. Pixie is the bigger one, Dixie the smaller one. Here's their long story cut short. I love piranhas and I very much wanted to have a few in my home aquarium. I've orderd at a local petstore two juvenille piranhas, with the ideea to grow them (for the start) in a smaller 15 gallons (60 L) tank. The petstore called me one day letting me know the piranhas arrived. I was very anxious and went to pick'em up. When I got there I was totally surprised... instead of two baby piranhas, they brought me 2 adult red bellies (one is about 6-6.5", the other about 7-7.5"). I've started to freak out as I knew that my tank is small to grow these two "beasts" in proper conditions. Ask the petstore if they can take'em back.. but the answer was No.
Not sure I would have taken them. I understand the excitement of getting the type of fish you wanted, but they weren't exactly what you ordered. The LFS should have made good on the deal, instead of passing you adult fish with an unknown remaining lifespan. I'd have been asking for my money back, and they should have offered it before you had to ask if you didn't like the bait & switch they pulled.

That said, they are cool fish and I like the webcam concept. A scheduled feeding time would rock.

piranhalivecam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2010
EU
Dark Jester;4472455; said:
Not sure I would have taken them. I understand the excitement of getting the type of fish you wanted, but they weren't exactly what you ordered. The LFS should have made good on the deal, instead of passing you adult fish with an unknown remaining lifespan. I'd have been asking for my money back, and they should have offered it before you had to ask if you didn't like the bait & switch they pulled.

That said, they are cool fish and I like the webcam concept. A scheduled feeding time would rock.
I agree they should have take them back, but since it didn't happened my main concern is to take care of them as best as I can.

Anyway I've got very attached to both of them, hopefully soon I'll be able to move them so they can have a much bigger space. I'm already working on scheduling a feeding time, will let you know guys once everything is set up.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
:welcome: to MFK!

Totally rad having a webcam over your fish almost 24/7.:cool: I moved this thread here for you.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Nice to see you''ve made it in the right section. At 6 inches your piranhas are probably a year old, give or take a few months so i dont get the complaint about "unknown life span". Did your LFS give you the same price that you would've gotten for babies?

Your bar underneath the webcam, that's how much money has been donated? I'm sure you did some research before you ordered your piranhas, did you happen to catch that most people recommend keeping more then 2 to spread out aggression? Granted, you're limited in space size right now but keep that in mind.

Welcome to MFK

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store