Piranha won't eat live food?

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Ya I guess I will just wait. I will continue feeding them their other foods and hope that they pick them off.

Deputydirty

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2019
London, Ontario
Vanica, I'm having the same problem with my Sanchezi lol

He would always wolf them down immediately, but recently has left them alone. I also breed cons for live treats and threw about 6 in there; hasn't touched them. I guess its only a matter of time.

I guess my input would be give it time...the cons might need to grow some more in order for your piranhas to deem them worthy of their effort.
Man I through convicts in for my wolf fish, my fahaka, my serrasalmus rhombeus, my serrasalmus maculatus and my RBS, and they are ALL still alive,mind you the ones with the rbps only have half tails and some are missing mouths but ya, they don't even look at them as food, I've tried not feeding them for a few days as well to no avail, they're starting to breed too.

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Had a convict that lived with my 14” BDR... for a while anyway...

Deputydirty

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2019
London, Ontario
I only through them in a few weeks ago but still, resilient little bastards. My rhom n my mac are both new and haven't really started eating much so I imagine that will change when they get settled in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store