Piraya piranha

Db04ph

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
D Db04ph your biggest issue with your 300g is going to be width. These guys put on some serious bulk and multiple ones at 15-17in in a 300g is not a ton of space. There is another member with 4 ternetzi that are 15in in a 300g and when it comes to feeding time you realize how small the tank is.
Ya I realize that. Ideally I wanted 96*30*24 but good luck finding one unless custom made. This was really a good deal so I could not pass up. Eventually will end up with a solo monster in there or group of 3.

Db04ph

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
I wouldn’t go less than five because of issues with fighting
Ya 5 would be perfect. You emailed me pics of your piraya year and a half ago so I could post them on pkeepers. If you want send me more pics I'll post them for you here. Monster piraya in a 5 gallon bucket lol

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
also try to keep the temp a bit lower, i had a shoal of 12 before and boy they teared themselves up once it gets too warm during summer time

Reactions: BigShawn

Db04ph

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
also try to keep the temp a bit lower, i had a shoal of 12 before and boy they teared themselves up once it gets too warm during summer time
Somebody actually suggested not even having a heater. I forgot to plug in my heater on e after a water change and the water temp went down to 70 in the basement. I can probably get away with it.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Yes As long as you get a large turn over of fresh water you should be fine. I only fed skin on filets. I now only have a giant rhom in the 800 but he is loving life in there. In the past all my giant Rhoms would get hlth but now with the bare bottom tank and many h20 changes he stays perfect. Good luck
Sorry to resurrect, but what is "hlth"?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store