Plants first time

NilusFishFamily

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
Ok so some river rock on a mostly bare bottom tank, the plants came. 3 different anubias and a java fern. Also a coconut husk moss ‘bridge’ that I can attach at least one plant to.

I have the glue from aquarium co-op- do I just glue the root to a rock or coconut husk and drop it in? Can I did to fish right away?
anything to watch for or test to keep my fish safe and healthy?

how to for a first timer ? (The plants in there already are fakes/silk plants)...
20579F3A-20A1-4D97-8195-71C3A4E83272.jpeg

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Just place a little glue on the rock or coconut husk, then press the rhizome onto the glue and give slight pressure until dry.
As far as toxicity to fish, I’ve never had any issues using super glue with corals, fresh or saltwater fish, fry, or very delicate fish. I glue things while fish are still in the water and I’ll even put wet glue into the tank without any issues. Here’s the video Aquarium co-op posted for your exact situation:

Reactions: Bluesandtwo

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
Yeap, as above, glue the rhizome of the java fern or anubias to the rock or cocanut and enjoy instant effect. I'd suggest just using the smallest amount of glue as it is just a temporary measure. The plants will naturally root themselves around the object over time.

Show us a photo once it's done, I bet the real plants will look so much better than those horrible fake ones!!

Reactions: NilusFishFamily
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store