Plastic/Gift Wrap Background

arlo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2006
Rowland Heights
i want to put a background on this tank and i read that people have used plastic or gift wrapping as a cheap alternative. has anyone had experience with this and if so can u post pics? im probably going to pick up the wrapping at walmart, but if u noe of a better place please tell me. heres a pic of the tank now, its a pretty sad sight. i need to get a solid black/blue background use sand as substrate and just use a COUPLE river rocks in there for aquascaping. any comments are appreciated. :grinyes:

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
I have used it on several tanks :) Infact my Dempsey breeding tank has Red transparent gift wrap on it right now.. SOrry i thought i posted a pic in the section where i have a breeding thread.. But i obviously haven't taken one so give me a bit and i'll post one...

It was easier to put on than Tank background too.. Is more plyable.. But careful you get a little rip and it goes alooong way LOL...

arlo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2006
Rowland Heights
cool, so if it just the ordinary gift wrap that they sell by the rolls? im planning to just scotch tape it on but if theres a better way to do it please tell me. thanks for the response, u've been responding to all of my threads today

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store