Platinum Endlicheri Bichir Growth Thread

rayoddballfish

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Thank you.
Nice looking fish, Ive a few bichir myself.

Not sure why you'd ever feel the need to feed feeder fish as bichirs have got to be the easiest fish to feed anyway but each to their own
I feed live because it helps with growth in my experience. It’s also a. Constant source of food so I don’t need to feed several times a day. I have no basically completely switched to frozen whole silversides, but for growing out fish I will always use live fish as recommended to me by giseok jung giseok jung and many others with a lot of success in growing out bichirs to be really large.

Reactions: wednesday13

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Ray, you have done a great job with this fish and the results speak for themselves. I know you have put a ton of work and dedication into it, I love and respect your passion for the hobby

rayoddballfish

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Ray, you have done a great job with this fish and the results speak for themselves. I know you have put a ton of work and dedication into it, I love and respect your passion for the hobby
🙌🙌🙌 means a lot coming from you :). Thanks for all your help and support!

Zmouvek

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2022
a bottomless pit.
Not the biggest fan of live feeding but I can't argue with the results, beautiful fish! She has grown exceptionally well.
I do wonder, how do you handle vitamin C, with the Thiamase in the feeder goldies that can never be removed.

Reactions: rayoddballfish

rayoddballfish

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Not the biggest fan of live feeding but I can't argue with the results, beautiful fish! She has grown exceptionally well.
I do wonder, how do you handle vitamin C, with the Thiamase in the feeder goldies that can never be removed.
Thank you. After the first 3-5 months I’ve switched completely to whole frozen silversides now. I’d expect the relatively limited exposure to live feeders should not be detrimental to overall longterm health.

Zmouvek

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2022
a bottomless pit.
Thank you. After the first 3-5 months I’ve switched completely to whole frozen silversides now. I’d expect the relatively limited exposure to live feeders should not be detrimental to overall longterm health.
Ahh, that seems to be a great strategy, basically just bulking with the live feeders. Smart.

Reactions: rayoddballfish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store