Please confirm this is the correct dosage for levamisole HCL, thanks!

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
That was to put the size of the worms laying the eggs in perspective. You said you saw a large worm? Could that have been it?

"Capillaria species are relatively transparent"
That's from the same publication as the photo. Transparent fits perfectly with this but I'm just not sure what your seeing if it's not the worms. What's making up the clear or yellowish feces?

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
Any chance of getting a link for the microscope you purchased mate? I too would love to get rid of this **** outta my gt too. Metro force feedings and baths didn't seem to help him. Thinkin he may have the same problem that Kai has. Cheers

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
That was to put the size of the worms laying the eggs in perspective. You said you saw a large worm? Could that have been it?

"Capillaria species are relatively transparent"
That's from the same publication as the photo. Transparent fits perfectly with this but I'm just not sure what your seeing if it's not the worms. What's making up the clear or yellowish feces?
The worms I saw were definitely large enough to been laying all those eggs. I am not sure how to gauge size but compared to the eggs the worms were huge! I mean the worm on the slide had a hard time.moving between the poop in the slides. It would try to penetrate an elares but had to double back due to the thickness of the worm not being able to get there. I view the eggs at 100x - 400x and the worms at 40x

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If not for the microscope I would of had no clue it was this worm infestation which is running rampant in my poor fish intestines.
Sure you would, as soon as you saw them being purged after the initial Levamisole treatment. It becomes pretty obvious. Your fish probably started with worms, which after a long period of fighting their damage triggered an outbreak of Spironucleus. It wasn't the injury that triggered it, it was the worms. Good luck with the clean out, just remember to retreat the Levamisole 2-3 weeks down the road.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Yeah I will make sure to retreat forsure.

The thing is I have been focusing on the s. Vortens for so long now that I probably had that beat a fair bit ago. But the sign of clear poop kept me believing it was still hith.

Only now after all that metro covered food and hex shield and stuff did I start to question if something else is going on.

Had I had a microscope I could of avoided alot of headache and time and medicating the wrong thing.

You only now saying the trigger was the worms and your likely right but there was no way of knowing this prior to the scope.

I have never felt with these problems before so without an experience eye or a scope I was lost.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store