please help having trouble deciding

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
I think the sand will work if it does not have salt in it... If it came from the ocean you might have to soak it first and remove the salt. You can get sand that is close to ready. Also look at putting some rock at the bottom for the reef and putting sand around those to save sand cost.

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
mike dunagan;620481; said:
I think the sand will work if it does not have salt in it... If it came from the ocean you might have to soak it first and remove the salt. You can get sand that is close to ready. Also look at putting some rock at the bottom for the reef and putting sand around those to save sand cost.
i want to make this the nicest tank that i've ever owned so i dont want to cut corners... i saw what lace rock looked like... i didnt really like it... teffa rock is better but i never see that anywhere too... i tried looking for it on ebay and there is a guy selling 500-700kg of it for like 800 shipped to the US and i was like ummm no.... there is alot of holey rock on ebay but its like weird buying a rock for like 100 bucks... but i might do it... not sure yet

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
xxt2goodxx;620490; said:
i want to make this the nicest tank that i've ever owned so i dont want to cut corners... i saw what lace rock looked like... i didnt really like it... teffa rock is better but i never see that anywhere too... i tried looking for it on ebay and there is a guy selling 500-700kg of it for like 800 shipped to the US and i was like ummm no.... there is alot of holey rock on ebay but its like weird buying a rock for like 100 bucks... but i might do it... not sure yet
It is pretty cheap stuff... Look for cheaper teffa

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store