Please help identify

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Okay thank you just put some Epsom salt in water and the food and let it sit for a bit? Thank you again for the help
Soak it in food.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Glenn238

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2018
kno4te kno4te hey was wondering if you can help me again I'm still seeing this coming from my Oscar but he is acting normal and eating normal should I be worried about seeing this to me it doesn't look like a parasite it's not long and stringy it's more clear and short and I'm sure by now he would have wasted away if it was parasite I'm stumped

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
If it’s acting and eating normal then I’d say you can be relieved. With prolapse it may cont to come and go. Are u soaking the food in Epsom salt solution? Woud feed once and let it fast for a week. If better then treat with kanamycin/prazipro combo. Then refeed with soaked pellets. Would reduce the amount being fed to every other day and small pieces. See how it responds.

Reactions: islandguy11

Glenn238

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2018
Yeah i have done it a few times how long should I let the food soak in the Epsom salt for also is there a certain amount of Epsom salt I should be using thanks for response

Last edited:

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yeah i have done it a few times how long should I let the food soak in the Epsom salt for also is there a certain amount of Epsom salt I should be using thanks for response
If it keeps happening or reoccurring then I’d suggest lifetime.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store