Please HELP! Needing to move fish!

Bich

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2018
Houston, TX
I want yalls advice on something I’ve been considering all week. I’ll try to make this short and to the point.

In my 50 gallon tank, I have 2 4”ish severums by themselves. They have attempted to lay eggs, but are never successful. They have been alone for about a month and previously were with a 3” EBJD and Endli Bichir. They grew up together since day one.

Now, in my 75G, I have a 7” Tiger Oscar, the EBJD, the 6” Endli, and 2 small bristlenose plecos.

To my question: Would it be okay to move the Tiger Oscar and 2 plecos over to the 50G and the Severums to the 75G? Would it stress out the Severums too much now that they have acclimated to their own tank?

I want to do this because the Tiger Oscar is starting to pester the EBJD.

Thank you for the help in advance!!

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Moves are always stressful, can it be done? Sure, but they’re always risks. Moving from one tank to another in home is a minor risk though. The water is the same, temp is the same. Keep the lights off and keep the handling of the fish to a minimum and it should be fine.

On the other hand, neither of those tanks in my opinion is big enough for the fish you mentioned long term so hopefully you’ll upgrade soon here.

Bich

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2018
Houston, TX
Moves are always stressful, can it be done? Sure, but they’re always risks. Moving from one tank to another in home is a minor risk though. The water is the same, temp is the same. Keep the lights off and keep the handling of the fish to a minimum and it should be fine.

On the other hand, neither of those tanks in my opinion is big enough for the fish you mentioned long term so hopefully you’ll upgrade soon here.
Yes, when I move into my new house in 3 months I’ll be upgrading to much bigger tank.

Thank you for your input

Edit: and yes the water and temp are the same in both tanks as well.

Last edited:

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Yes, when I move into my new house in 3 months I’ll be upgrading to much bigger tank.

Thank you for your input
Sounds good, I raised my Oscars for a while in a 55, then a 75, then a 125, now finally in a 180. So I get it. Not everyone can start with a huge tank. Sounds like your a concerned and attentive keeper so that’s the biggest thing Goodluck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store