Please Help!

armaggedonx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
Glasgow
www.herpforum.com
Just got home from work, went to feed my nile monitor and he is very limp. Not even fighting back! I have him wrapped in a towel on my lap right now, he seems to be drooling. Will not eat locusts or pinkies. Wont even bite my fingers, any ideas?

Gene0514

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Staten Island, NY
could he possibly be impacted?

Gene0514

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Staten Island, NY
no i mean like could he have swallowed something that blocked his intestines/digestive tract

armaggedonx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
Glasgow
www.herpforum.com
no i mean like could he have swallowed something that blocked his intestines/digestive tract
I am massaging his stomach and neck to see if he regurgitated anything but he hasnt. Really dont know what to do and the closest vet to me is seriously miles away and i have no way on getting there

Gene0514

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Staten Island, NY
See if you can find a more active monitor forum
Maybe someone has some experience with this or some advice
Outside of going to the vet, which as you stated is not possible for you atm, I don't really know what else you can do

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Is he cold, how hase its diet been as far as avoiding MBD with uvb lighting and calcium, any bug sprays or other cleaners come in contact, electrical shock, spoiled food, mites, how does his poop look and around his vent, and what about water, has he had water and been using it regularly? Any sores or swelling around his mouth or inside? How old is it? WHat has the temp in side the cage been, is the entire cage heated or just the bottom? Just some things to think about first.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
I sent a PM to Varanio because he is the king of monitors, if he is around maybe he will chime in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store