Polypterus Congicus photo thread.

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
Bearing in mind the plan is to house one each of the big 3 upper jaws as well. Any compatibility issues foreseen with teug, ornate, weeksii and congi ? Aside from matching suitable sizes.

O

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Bearing in mind the plan is to house one each of the big 3 upper jaws as well. Any compatibility issues foreseen with teug, ornate, weeksii and congi ? Aside from matching suitable sizes.

O
I think the congi will be fine. Never really heard of aggression issues with them. So far the 3 that i have had were all very mellow. Out of species i lept i'd out them up there with the least aggressive

Reactions: ocellatus

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Thanks, you're very kind :)

Kinda thinking I'm pushing the boundaries already. Wouldn't a congi be too large for a 180g?

O
I hope a 180 is not to small for a congicus :). I have two in mine now. My old boy was 24" when he passed.
Spencer jack still has a couple of Congis, I think one had your name on it.

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
Indeed they do!:eek:

Think Spencer Jacks might be my best bet for a nice weeksii as well. I have to look into congi a bit more, but if it's a go I may as well try to get them both at the same time and save $$ on shipping.

Just got #2 on my list into QT yesterday, so I can wait a bit until weeksii and congi are both available on the same list.

O

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The ywc get like 26-28 in on some of the growth charts.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I hope a 180 is not to small for a congicus :). I have two in mine now. My old boy was 24" when he passed.
Spencer jack still has a couple of Congis, I think one had your name on it.

Think Spencer Jacks might be my best bet for a nice weeksii as well. I have to look into congi a bit more, but if it's a go I may as well try to get them both at the same time and save $$ on shipping.

Just got #2 on my list into QT yesterday, so I can wait a bit until weeksii and congi are both available on the same list.

O
Forgot all about burbotmans 180 and he raises some loooong lived beasts. Yeah do it !!!

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada

O
I admire your restraint. I just contacted him and put a hold on one of his last 3 CB PBB's. He is really good to deal with

Reactions: ocellatus

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
I admire your restraint. I just contacted him and put a hold on one of his last 3 CB PBB's. He is really good to deal with
Good call! Hope you'll post up some pics when it arrives!

Not sure my wife would agree that I show much restraint when it comes to fish mind you ;)

O

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
J jaws7777 , I've gone through this thread multiple times already tonight, no doubt I'll be back a few more times when I feel the need to drool :)

There are some amazing congi with very vivid marks gs on this thread. Are these mainly wc specimens? I would likely end up with cb; do they tend to show less pattern / fade out as they grow?

O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store