Polypterus senegalus "Lake Turkana"

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Very nice, I keep seeing bichir keepers getting this sand, do you know where one can get it and if it comes in a light purple color? Not sure what I would do with a light purple version of this sand but I'll find something to do.
There was someone on here who had a pbb on purple garnet sand and it was amazing looking i can't remember where I seen it on here but I'm almost sure I could fine those images for you

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Very nice, I keep seeing bichir keepers getting this sand, do you know where one can get it and if it comes in a light purple color? Not sure what I would do with a light purple version of this sand but I'll find something to do.
You can probably find garnet from your local sandblasting place. Garnet sand usually comes in different shades. I have a different shade of red in my other tank. This one is a little bit dark. And yes there are purple color ones. Maybe Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 can help you with the purple. He uses it. You can also play around with lighting to get the shade of color you want.

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Beefy!

Reactions: Hao
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com