Possible conflict?

matin

Feeder Fish
Jun 1, 2021
Hi,

I have a Channa Maru(5inch) and want to add a Ropefish(>6inch). The tank is 4×1.5×1.5ft, planted with sand substrate. Was wondering if this is sustainable as a tankmate?

Would appreciate any thoughts on this. My many thanks in advance :)

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Hi,

I have a Channa Maru(5inch) and want to add a Ropefish(>6inch). The tank is 4×1.5×1.5ft, planted with sand substrate. Was wondering if this is sustainable as a tankmate?

Would appreciate any thoughts on this. My many thanks in advance :)
I think that your channa has adapted itself to the environment of the tank so if u add the ropefish more chances are that the channa may attack the ropefish
When u put the ropefish in there it will be in little initial shock making it more defense less
Your channa may not attack but more chances are that it will
I would suggest a 7 inch Snegal bichir for now
If u want add ropefish add the largest size u get coz they mostly are peaceful and in any case can't ha your channa. And I wanna tell that your channa will very soon growout the tank and will eradicate anything in there a channa marulius need atleast 8 by 3 feet tank

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Bey thing u can do is wait for him to growout this tank and then get a big tank for him with other big fishes like large silver arowana or a big pacu

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I think the maru would be okay with the rope fish, but would eventually get eaten as the maru grows faster compared to rope fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store