Possible re entry to the hobby southeast pa

ecajoe

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2006
phila
So for the past several years I’ve been on hiatus from keeping monsters. At one point a had thousands of gallons of water in my basement lol ponds and tanks all over. Basically I finished my basement and kept reef tanks since then. Now I’m looking at houses and planning a tank either a 4’x8’ footprint or 3’x8’ footprint. Might start growing out some fish now but I’ve been out for so long what vendors are people ordering from or getting fish from in the pa, nj, de or even ny. Basically I’ll be looking for thinbars and widebars at first then possibly rays once I have the tank I’m doing in place. Mind you this is not a wtb thread just looking for some information on what’s new, available and who’s who

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So for the past several years I’ve been on hiatus from keeping monsters. At one point a had thousands of gallons of water in my basement lol ponds and tanks all over. Basically I finished my basement and kept reef tanks since then. Now I’m looking at houses and planning a tank either a 4’x8’ footprint or 3’x8’ footprint. Might start growing out some fish now but I’ve been out for so long what vendors are people ordering from or getting fish from in the pa, nj, de or even ny. Basically I’ll be looking for thinbars and widebars at first then possibly rays once I have the tank I’m doing in place. Mind you this is not a wtb thread just looking for some information on what’s new, available and who’s who

Welcome back
Tbh don't know about any vendors in PA but in NJ Aquascapeonline , The Wetspot . Cichlids of the Americas COTA .

Reactions: kno4te

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Welcome back comrade, I can't help you with vendors in your area but I can tell you the following. If you ever wish to find a rare fish or two then it would be best to check in with fugupuff fugupuff here as he brings in some very rare and cool fish commonly. That is if you're ok with paying shipping.

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Welcome! If you need help with vendors who ship let me know. Also, widebars are all but gone from the US hobby now but every other species is steadily coming in

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Welcome back comrade, I can't help you with vendors in your area but I can tell you the following. If you ever wish to find a rare fish or two then it would be best to check in with fugupuff fugupuff here as he brings in some very rare and cool fish commonly. That is if you're ok with paying shipping.
Agreed, if you want a rare fish hit him up. Reasonable prices too considering a lot of his fish are the only ones of their kind available

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Welcome back! Hope you can find an aspect of the hobby that you wish to pursue.

In addition to the other vendors mentioned, consider Monster Aquarium in Queens. I do lots of business with those guys as well, another really good shop.

Reactions: tlindsey

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hey buddy welcome back, I’m in Downingtown, also southeast Pa, and I use That Pet Place in Lancaster, Natural Pets Plus in East Norriton, Aquarium Center in Clementon NJ, Hidden Reef in Levittown, and Fish Factory also in Levittown. Good luck with your new stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store