POST PICS OF YOUR PLANTS AND PLANTED TANKS HERE

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Updated picture of the 180 gallon. It is becoming a java fern mash up of different varieties. I am a little obsessed with rare java ferns right now.

Here are the different varieties in here:
Microsorum Sp. India

Microsorum Narrow K

Microsorum Sp. Sg. Durin Besar

Microsorum Narrow Kappas

Microsorum Needle leaf

Good old everyday Java fern

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Updated picture of the 180 gallon. It is becoming a java fern mash up of different varieties. I am a little obsessed with rare java ferns right now.

Here are the different varieties in here:
Microsorum Sp. India

Microsorum Narrow K

Microsorum Sp. Sg. Durin Besar

Microsorum Narrow Kappas

Microsorum Needle leaf

Good old everyday Java fern
Thanks!

Plants are:
Monte Carlo
Bacopa monnieri
Crypt wentii "green"
Crypt sp
Anubias sp "small"
Spiky moss
Weeping moss
Taiwan moss
Chain sword/dwarf sag (no idea)

Reactions: Lilyann

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Nothing wrong to have an all JF tank. They are easy, abuse resistant, and not too slow in growth rate. With varieties that differ in texture, size and form, you can group them out into a harmoneous scape. Just don’t inter plant varieties into a chaotic jungle.

I am starting a planted cichlid 125 gal with just two varieies of JF (Trident and broad leaf) to begin with. Depending on how they do with my abusive cichlid, I may add more varieties in the future, such as needle leaf and windowlov.

Reactions: Lilyann

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Nothing wrong to have an all JF tank. They are easy, abuse resistant, and not too slow in growth rate. With varieties that differ in texture, size and form, you can group them out into a harmoneous scape. Just don’t inter plant varieties into a chaotic jungle.

I am starting a planted cichlid 125 gal with just two varieies of JF (Trident and broad leaf) to begin with. Depending on how they do with my abusive cichlid, I may add more varieties in the future, such as needle leaf and windowlov.
Unfortunately, it kinda has fallen into the chaotic jungle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store