post your biggest catches....

Copper2

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2018
California but raised in Texas
At my previous rental there was a reef in front of it. I knew there would be a lot of fish there so I figured out on the maps that it was 1,000 feet out from shore. I did a bunch of research to figure out how to make that impossible cast and started practicing proper surf casting. I even sliced my finger on a power cast. I then thought inflatable cheap kayak. Really not a good idea, so I figured maybe trying drone fishing but I didn’t have a big enough drone. Then I figured an RC boat would work to drag my bait out. Then I figured maybe I should just keep fishing close to shore!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
At my previous rental there was a reef in front of it. I knew there would be a lot of fish there so I figured out on the maps that it was 1,000 feet out from shore. I did a bunch of research to figure out how to make that impossible cast and started practicing proper surf casting. I even sliced my finger on a power cast. I then thought inflatable cheap kayak. Really not a good idea, so I figured maybe trying drone fishing but I didn’t have a big enough drone. Then I figured an RC boat would work to drag my bait out. Then I figured maybe I should just keep fishing close to shore!
Bring the fish to you, 1000 feet is a very long cast, do you have any local piers or docks to fish off of?

Also apparently the biggest jacksmelt was 17 and a half inches long, and the California record was 1 pound 8 oz, I think you could catch a nice 20 incher and make your name.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Been skunked all week on the surf in OBX so me and pops sprung for an inshore charter yesterday morning and caught our limit of red drum in short order. Big shout out to captain tim on the black pearl. Very impressive and authentic Hatteras fishing.
20230602_102144.jpg

Reactions: wednesday13

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
71296148617__4641C6EB-3AFC-48A4-972C-BDDD7FA9A980.jpeg
went out on cape canavaral and landed 7 kings!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store