Post your biotope sand natural aquariums

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
My old biotopes “Rocky Nothings” mimicking the Amazon mighty rivers with rocks and water

16B45F0A-8238-4CCC-9EBD-2096FE339076.jpeg 9A8A5B4C-9F87-42F7-8058-022487B0C94E.jpeg

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
West African.

Wow!

You know, this is my next tank so I need (please! :) ) you to answer some questions.
First of all:
What fish do you have in here? They're fabulous...
I am especially interested in the characins-- are they phenocogrammus interruptus or an alestopetersius sp? The cichlids-- Jewels?
I cant see them close up to be able to tell?
Is this a biotope or natural aquarium/
What plants do you have in here?

In my own post I am going to go back and add some more information about this because, even though it isnt a biotope aquarium, it would be helpful to others to see the flora and fauna in tank if they wish to replicate a natural aquarium of same geographical space.
Its so difficult to get a really genuine biotope, with required plants,. fish, substrate, hardscape, etc... but we can try to make it as authentic as possible.

Reactions: mrrobxc

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Altum setup.

Stunning!
I have wanted Altums for a long time and end up talking myself out of them because I dont want to mess with R/O water. Yours are so beautiful.
Can you talk some about the setup?
Really amazing, natural aquascape-- you have an eye for creativity and design, its obvious.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
That is an amazing arrangement, very natural. But, those Heckels! Are they wild? Who was the source?
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. Yes the heckels were wild. I got them from Snookn21 who is no longer around unfortunately.

Reactions: Lilyann
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store