staten island new york
i want one
what are the requirements
and any1 evey keep one?

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
I had one for quite a long time. I kept it in a ten gallon tank and fed it crickets and various bugs I caught outside. It really was an interesting pet.

I live in the country and find them all the time on my house and in my yard. If you are interested let me know and I can catch one for you and overnight it.

BUT, its a little early in the year yet. :)

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ok i got a spare 5g and 20g

how was the setup?

just all plants no beding?
heaters etc.?
can 2 be put together?

ok when you start to find them let me know
def. will take one
b/c there hard to find here in nyc

zach

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
I had dirt from my yard as a substrate and a couple of pothos and some sticks. No heater, mine did fine at room temp. I would not reccommend more than one the smaller/weaker of the two will end up as dinner for the the other.
If you use live plants like pothos or phil. make sure you have a "plant light" so the plants get enough lite.
Remind me some time in May and I will snag a small/meium one for ya!

buddah101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
I have kept both Devils mares and Praying Mantis's and they are pretty vicious tward bugs but not too aggro twards humans. Just make sure to feed the crickets and such and keep the temp about the same as out doors on a nice sunny day and you will be fine!

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ok im so happy

cant wait

joc38

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2005
you can find them in your yard most of the time especially if you have a flower garden.I use to keep tarantulas and there's a guy named Kelly Swift that has a website called Swift'sinverts.com or swiftinverts.com and he has some really nice mantids on his site.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
$2 for an egg case of asian p. mantis thru almost any seed catalogues. They sell them as organic pest control and ea. will hatch out 100-200 1/8" babies that get 2-3".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store