predatory catfish under 12"?

nsx999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2009
LA / OC in CALI!!!
hi i'm wondering what kind of predatory catfish there are that will not bust your tanks? i saw gulper cats but anything else of that size for 12" or under?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
hi i'm wondering what kind of predatory catfish there are that will not bust your tanks? i saw gulper cats but anything else of that size for 12" or under?
platysilurus mucosus is rare but when I had one he was really aggressive but the way they swim is elegant. Depending on where you live you could do smaller walking catfish species or possibly a Jaguar catfish

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
If you're looking for a moderately uncommon predatory catfish, I would look into a male Asian upside down catfish. Females will get larger than the 30 cm threshold, but males are 23 cm or so.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

1 2many

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
New Jersey
Are you interested in Bumblebee catfish?
Pseudomystus siamensis - Asian bumblebee cat
Pseudopimelodus bufonius - Giant bumblebee cat
Batrochoglanis raninus - Bumblebee jelly cat

Reactions: Fishman Dave

nsx999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2009
LA / OC in CALI!!!
Bolt get 12-14” generally.
A number of the hemibagrus will stay under 12” ableit it’s making sure you get hold of the correct ones.
Jumper cats.
Goeldiella eques
And a number of others.
BUT, predatory to some level, not the pull you in when feeding them level.
thanks for the recommendation. Aguarunichthys torosus looks awesome and definitely checks a lot of boxes in terms of size and appearance. anyone have experience obtaining and keeping this fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store