Predatory Goby's

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I actually am looking to have this as one if not the only fish in the tank and to deditcate much of the resources to this one fish. I’m still looking into the care for it but the biggest problem is that I can’t seem to find one, if you know where or when (online, fish stores, and or conventions) please lmk and it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Mass but could honestly be willing to travel anywhere in New England if nessecary. Also, I was only looking to keep it in a 36x18 for a little while and was looking to upgrade to a 4x2 in the future.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
View attachment 1363917I found this but it looks a little different... is this still a Water Cow?
What we seem to get in the hobby is eleotris picta, can grow to around 17" I believe, largest I've seen was around 15". But if we're being honest it's color isn't distinct, a few cousins look extremely similar but they stay smaller AFAIK. But yes that's a water cow. If you don't grab it and are willing to drive down to Waterbury, CT, I can have them order one, and let you know when it comes in, only thing is they usually come in Between 8-12" so the tanks gonna be small for one, mainly if it's 10"+, that's when they get noticeably thicker ime.

B3RSERKER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2019
What we seem to get in the hobby is eleotris picta, can grow to around 17" I believe, largest I've seen was around 15". But if we're being honest it's color isn't distinct, a few cousins look extremely similar but they stay smaller AFAIK. But yes that's a water cow. If you don't grab it and are willing to drive down to Waterbury, CT, I can have them order one, and let you know when it comes in, only thing is they usually come in Between 8-12" so the tanks gonna be small for one, mainly if it's 10"+, that's when they get noticeably thicker ime.
Thx, I appreciate it. I don’t think I’ll be getting it for a while (at least a week or two if not a month). Thank you though and I’ll try and get back to you in time. Also, Waterbury is only around an hours drive from me so that’s great.

Reactions: moe214 and tlindsey

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Thx, I appreciate it. I don’t think I’ll be getting it for a while (at least a week or two if not a month). Thank you though and I’ll try and get back to you in time. Also, Waterbury is only around an hours drive from me so that’s great.
Just pm me when you’re ready

B3RSERKER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2019
I know I said that I might only have the Water Cow but I’m wondering if whether or not certain species would work with it, I predict some wouldnt already but it’s worth a shot:
Bichir
Catfish, if so which catfish would work?
Arrowana
Black Ghost Knifefish
Ropefish
Gar
Species of eel
A simple yes or no to these species would be greatly appreciated. I’m just wondering whether or not these fish would coexist... also don’t worry about the tank size because that can be arranged. Just looking to see which fish could be with the Water Cow Goby

Wouldn't do bichirs, all but the biggest would be gone in no time

Maybe large catfish but wouldn't do it.

The aro might work

BGK and water cow would be competing for space and the BGK would get outmatched for aggresion

See bichirs

Gar could work

idk which eel?

B3RSERKER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2019
Wouldn't do bichirs, all but the biggest would be gone in no time

Maybe large catfish but wouldn't do it.

The aro might work

BGK and water cow would be competing for space and the BGK would get outmatched for aggresion

See bichirs

Gar could work

idk which eel?
I know that bichirs would typically be gone but just wondering whether or not if one was big enough (if so how large) would it have to be to be safe? Also looking maybe into Gars and Aro’s. Eel-wise idk because they are pretty small but I was thinking something like a Freshwater snowflake but other kinds would also be cool (recommendations). thx

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store