"Prehistoric" looking fish

maxumum2

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2011
kenosha WI
Yea me and my friend both got some irwinis his was 5" when he got his and mine was like 10-11" and that was like 8 months ago his is now like 6"-7" and mine is around 12

Sent from my SPH-L720T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Common plecos also get really large, to large for a 150 gallon IMO, and for the bichirs id get more than one of the smaller upperjaw species.

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
The twig catfish, kinda prehistoric, threadfin catfish, banjo catfish, vampire shrimp, chaca chaca catfish, aba aba knife

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Freshwater lion fish are similar to freshwater moray eels, their best in brackish or even full marine, not sure if the lion is good in full marine though, but they do have very large mouths I no that.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
They are brackish but I personally have kept them in freshwater and I believe some others on here have as well. They have a 20yr lifespan which mine did not make it to, whether or not that had to do with being in freshwater only...I don't know. I did have him for almost 6 yrs and i'm not exactly sure how old he was when I got him. But here is a thread with more info. Good Luck.

Have you looked at Mogurnda Goby or Oxyeleotris marmorata, the Marble Goby. They can get pretty large in the wild but in captivity are rarely ever seen over 12 inches. The morgundas get to maybe 7-8 inches max. Pretty cool looking fish as well

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?534540-Freshwater-lionfish-brackish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store