Preparing for a red line puffer

sturgeonlover

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2010
New York
So I have a Tetraodon pustulatus coming in on his Thursday... and I wanted some input on if I’m preparing right for this... questions:
Is this a full freshwater fish?
- I have a 150 gallon planted tank in my office that I was planning to put him in...
Tank mate safe?
- I was just gonna keep 100 neon tetras with him... but should I or can I try something else?
Any specific requirements I should be looking for?
- I’m treating this as a mbu... should I be looking from a different angle?
Video of fish that they are promising me...

Reactions: MVURO and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I have a Tetraodon pustulatus coming in on his Thursday... and I wanted some input on if I’m preparing right for this... questions:
Is this a full freshwater fish?
- I have a 150 gallon planted tank in my office that I was planning to put him in...
Tank mate safe?
- I was just gonna keep 100 neon tetras with him... but should I or can I try something else?
Any specific requirements I should be looking for?
- I’m treating this as a mbu... should I be looking from a different angle?
Video of fish that they are promising me...
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...fer-introduction-reference-guide-beta.711682/

MVURO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2020
would like to see some photos once you get it in! imo the most rare puffer for sale.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I agree you can basically treat them like a Fahaka...

As for temperament, honestly im not sure how aggressive they are but as with any puffer i’d add tankmates with caution, also due to rarity of the fish i’d go with non-aggressive tankmates...

The neon tetras would work as long as you dont mind the large possibility that they will all end up as a snack over time...

As for tank size, what are the dimensions of the tank? Coz a 150 should be okay but i would consider it to be the absolute a bare minimum size requirement imo, whereas a 180G i think would be a better choice if possible...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store