Pretty good score

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
For the filters maybe just need to clean the impellers.I have chocolates now that are breeding.I think red head tapajos look good and if you did breed them, you could probably sell fry.do you plan to use lava rock? I would go with rounder rocks, PF sand, and wood to keep you water softer for SA

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mmarder08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Awesome pick up!!! I have also been looking for a 150g but I'm not seeing anything close to the deal u got. Breed some cuban cichlids there common but not to common.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
For the filters maybe just need to clean the impellers.I have chocolates now that are breeding.I think red head tapajos look good and if you did breed them, you could probably sell fry.do you plan to use lava rock? I would go with rounder rocks, PF sand, and wood to keep you water softer for SA

Im insane about lava rock :) and im excited i got all of it with the tank. Theres double what you see in the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario

I have cleaned them several times. Everything appears to be great. But it just makes noise and does not pump. The top is the intake correct?

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I have the 2215 and the intake is the at the bottom

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
Very nice score even if you can't get the filter going. It might be as simple at taking it apart and cleaning it out like Virgil recommended, it's worked for me in the past, or just replace the malfunctioning part from the manufacturer (pain in the ass to wait for if you cannot find at the lfs but worth it). Also like Virgil, I'm very fond of the Chocolate cichilds having had them in the past, but I have no experience in breeding them. They're such smart and personable fish, they change color with moods, they get to a good chunky size, and they're fairly easy and hardy. They're a middle-top of the tank fish. If I were to breed SA cichlids, it would likely be them or Uaru. The Geophagus species are really cool as well, but I've never kept them myself, only dreamed of. They're a bottom-middle species if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if you could breed any Geos and Chocolates in the same tank, but that would be a pretty tank even if it didn't work. Maybe a breeding pair of Chocos or Uarus with 1 male Geo to 2-3 female Geos. Just trying to give you some ideas that I think would work....but for SA cichlids I'd 100% not put the lava rock in the tank, for fear they would just scrape themselves up against it, cutting themselves, especially with breeding behavior.

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
You'll have to prime the eheims, making sure the canister and hoses are full of water, before you turn it on. 2213 is way too small for a tank that size anyway, I run a 2217 on a 55 with an ac70. Even if the filters don't work, you got a good price on the tank.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
You'll have to prime the eheims, making sure the canister and hoses are full of water, before you turn it on. 2213 is way too small for a tank that size anyway, I run a 2217 on a 55 with an ac70. Even if the filters don't work, you got a good price on the tank.
2 of them and a biowheel 350 on 2 fish would have been ok i thought?

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
2 of them and a biowheel 350 on 2 fish would have been ok i thought?

I don't know much about the biowheel 350, but the eheims don't push very much water. Don't get me wrong, I love the filters, they just don't move a lot of water in my experience. Maybe I'll dig up the tested flow rates (not mine, source online that I referenced when I bought my 2217's.) I also have a 2213 that isn't currently set up. I think that you will be fine with two and the bw350.

Did you get the eheims going?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store