Problem With Seam on Acrylic Tank

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
It has always been like this a little, but I got too afraid that it would spread and leak. I contacted the maker of the tank and they said they would send me the cement and syringe. Well, since then, it has spread and I'm really scared now. I emailed him back and he said he sent the stuff out 2 days ago. Can I just inject the cement w/ a syringe and be good or what else will I need to do? I'm assuming I'll have to take the tank level down past it to do the repair. I sure hope I don't have to take the fish out. Please help, I really don't want this seam to split completely. Pictures included.

HPIM4751.JPG

HPIM4752.JPG

HPIM4753.JPG

fizzy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2009
essex UK
www.fistafiltration.co.uk
if and when you get the glue i would lower the water down and inject the glue in to the gap a bit at a time and leave it to dry before you fill it back up, idealy over nite for it to dry, i had to do this on a tank that was 4mtrs long x 36" high 24" wide and 50mm thick but the gap was all the way down.

just take your time on it.

D

dragonfish18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Dat Land
i bought a tank like that except it was on the bottom left of the front panel. i used #16 from tap plastics sealed over the seam a cupple times waited 2 days and it was good as new

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
thanks for the great advice and tips. It's coming from Cali, so it should be here pretty soon. How about putting a clamp over the area for now? It's going to be hard for me to lower the water level enough to help, but I suppose it's possible. I wish I had a good place to put the fish for now. I supposed I could borrow my friend's rubbermaid.

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
You could probably rig up a wooden brace pretty easily.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Ugh, I got the stuff today and he sent me like #16 or something. I should be using #4 for this, right? I'm just about to order this stuff myself and forget about waiting another week for the right stuff. This is so frustrating. He still hasn't gotten me my replacement lids, either. :irked: Where's the best place to order Weld-On.? I found a place that cost about 15 for the cement plus syringe and 15 on top of that for shipping

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store