Pseudo. polit male

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
I've had a trio of P. polit (a male and two females) for about 6 months or so now. The male has never really coloured up properly, which was really disappointing. So this weekend I bought another mature coloured male, with hopes that a little competition would at least keep one of them coloured (didn't matter which). Seems to have worked like a charm. The original male seems to have asserted dominance over the newbie, and appears to be willing to hold his colour now. I got a few shots of him tonight.

Displaying to one of the females:

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
WOW!! :WHOA: WOW!! :WHOA: What an amazing set of photo's you have here. Thanks for these fantastic pics for all of us to look at and admire. This must be one of the most amazing fish from the lake. That colouring is just something! WOW!! :WHOA: My supplier had some sometime back but I did not have the finances :cry: to buy as these are one of the most expensive fish to come from the Lake, that besides much bigger fish. Will most definitey get some the next time he gets them in. Great pic's. :drool: :drool: :naughty: :woot: :clap :clap
:headbang2 :thumbsup: :mwave:

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Lol thanks for the enthusiasm! They are definitely expensive...I paid $70 for the group of three as unsexed juveniles...luckily I ended up with 1 male and 2 females. Then I paid $25 for the second male this last weekend, he's full grown and mature though, apparently has made lots of little babies for his previous owner, so hopefully mine will finally decide to start breeding.

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
You want to see if you can get hold of some Metriaclima sp "membe deep". Also a fish that goes an almost white colour on a section of its body. The underside is a brown colour with a dark stripe through the dorsal fin. As its name says, it is found in extremely deep water at around 40 metres. Also an expensive fish.
:naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
That is a nice polit you have there.

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Scotty said:
You want to see if you can get hold of some Metriaclima sp "membe deep". Also a fish that goes an almost white colour on a section of its body. The underside is a brown colour with a dark stripe through the dorsal fin. As its name says, it is found in extremely deep water at around 40 metres. Also an expensive fish.
:naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

Mmm...I prefer the white of the polit, membe's are more blue. Markings aren't as 'clean' either...I'd take my polits over the membe's any day. Besides, keeping them with polits wouldn't go well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store