puffer info

LeafFish02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
Brookfield
Still thinking about getting a south American puffer just wonder what kind of care is needed for them? and When it's time to trim their teeth how would I go about doing that?

ryverrat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2008
SE PA
I still had to trim my puffers beak despite a regular diet of snails. These puffers have the fastest growing beak of any puffer. If you need more help PM PufferPunk- she is great with the info. If she is not on this forum, check on Aquaria Central- she is on there. She helped me with the trimming on my SAP. Oh yeah, if you find them somewhere, PM me please.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I got mine at Walgreens. Since that article has been written, it has been discovered if you use CO multible times on a fish, it may develop brain damage, due to the fact that the fish stops breathing under the influence of this product & there is lack of O2 to the brain. I found that the product FINQUEL is much safer.

ryverrat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2008
SE PA
check your local health food store for clove oil. in PA they don't allow it to be used for treating toothache anymore so the pharmacies don't carry it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store