Puppy help

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
I've had this chow chow for 2weeks now I know some of the basics but have heard better comments like feeding hard boiled eggs, sardines those kind of things

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
No personal experience here but I've also heard it's best not to feed the chow breed very much meat but instead to feed it eggs and rice as a main staple.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I keep shar pei there from same family tree as the chow chow , if the chow is anything like the shar pei regarding diet id go out and get some books they'll be loads of info on google etc , try speak to some responsible breeders about diet requirements if you can they will know best as they need to keep there dogs fit and healthy

I feed my shar pei cereal free dry food along with fresh veg broccoli is good for cleansing the liver and kidneys , I also give him a fish fillet once a week either salmon or cod fillet mixed in with his food, red meat is a no no as they find it hard to digest and can damage there intestine, chicken is or but not to much as its very high in protein (there metabolism is very slow so low protein foods are best)
He occasionally has scrambled eggs
Hope this info helps you these are only my shar pei requirements im not sure if they all apply to the chow chow , good Luck with you new best friend :)

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
I keep shar pei there from same family tree as the chow chow , if the chow is anything like the shar pei regarding diet id go out and get some books they'll be loads of info on google etc , try speak to some responsible breeders about diet requirements if you can they will know best as they need to keep there dogs fit and healthy

I feed my shar pei cereal free dry food along with fresh veg broccoli is good for cleansing the liver and kidneys , I also give him a fish fillet once a week either salmon or cod fillet mixed in with his food, red meat is a no no as they find it hard to digest and can damage there intestine, chicken is or but not to much as its very high in protein (there metabolism is very slow so low protein foods are best)
He occasionally has scrambled eggs
Hope this info helps you these are only my shar pei requirements im not sure if they all apply to the chow chow , good Luck with you new best friend :)
Tried the scramble eggs he loved it!
Thanks a lot very helpful info
The steamed rice mixed with dry food or how much rice would be good a day??
Here's a pic of Hachi
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382756428.865819.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382756438.769170.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382756465.498255.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1382756484.101811.jpg

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
No personal experience here but I've also heard it's best not to feed the chow breed very much meat but instead to feed it eggs and rice as a main staple.

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you
Thanks right now I'm feeding iams puppy smart and 3 boiled eggs per week
Feeding the egg is the most special thing lol he does this little ritual before eating it

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Same as fish keeping..... A good quality staple dog food is the way to go. Iams is poor quality food. Look into brands like Taste of the wild, diamond naturals, blue buffalo, natural balance, wellness.... I feed my rottie taste of the wild and my Pomeranian gets natural choice.
Best feeding stuff like this than adding other ingredients to cheap dog foods.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Hahaha he's so cute , not sure about the rice amount , I feed my dog James wellbeloved cereal free (green packet only one that's completely cereal free ) , not sure if you can get it out of UK but worth googling for ingredient content I reckon
Hachi looks like a fit healthy happy pup from what I can see on pics your gona have so much fun :D

libayn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
GA
When feeding the eggs make sure to give the shell also.break it up very very small or grind it before adding it in is best for there coat and help with teeth.my 2 local vets have said to do it for years with home food or in food treat.for food treats I mix little bit of rice cooked in chicken stock,carrots,broccoli,chicken,peas.also all veggie's be fed in the mix raw.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store