Put him down ?

Drunken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
Denmark
Hi all

Sadly my male Gaucha have gotten some sort of swimbladder disorder. He can`t stay level and will float tail first to the surface. He`s showing good colour, and apetite though.
I`ve been starving him for the past week with no results, and from what I`ve read around the internet, there`s really nothing i can do about it :(
Its pretty gutwrenching walking by the tank and seeing the fish in this state.
You guys have any suggestions of what to do ?

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
I would keep doing what you're doing. Clean water and food will help the fish. If it wants to eat then definitely let him eat, as it will only help his strength. Sounds like he is having trouble expelling air out of his swim bladder. Not sure of any meds that help that but if anybody knows some then I'm sure they will chime in.

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
gt1009;5113579; said:
I would keep doing what you're doing. Clean water and food will help the fish. If it wants to eat then definitely let him eat, as it will only help his strength. Sounds like he is having trouble expelling air out of his swim bladder. Not sure of any meds that help that but if anybody knows some then I'm sure they will chime in.
:iagree:

don't give up man!

Drunken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
Denmark
I`ve been doing frequent water changes, and keeping an eye on the water parameters.
Just went out and bought some pea`s, wich I`m gonna try to get him to eat. Maybe stuff some deshelled pea`s in some shrimp.

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Hi,

the bladder could be ruptured or it could be an infection. Both are very bad things to the fish, and I never heard of a channa coming out of this. There is no other way as killing the fish. Sorry bout that.

angryinsect

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Brucki;5114068; said:
Hi,

the bladder could be ruptured or it could be an infection. Both are very bad things to the fish, and I never heard of a channa coming out of this. There is no other way as killing the fish. Sorry bout that.

if its an infection antibiotics should help. don't give up yet

Drunken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
Denmark
I put him down today.
I gave it some time and it didnt get any better

Cheers for the support and comfirmation

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com