python

hle_81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
u.s.
For those of you who usa the Python, wouldn't be better to drain the water outside rather than using the faucet? The syphon would be stronger and water is not wasted.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Considering its a couple of hundred gallons, depending on the tank I use my python to drain outside from a window and water my plants! I never use the facuet to drain with my python, only to fill my tanks.

is300zx

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Bay Area CA.
Gr8KarmaSF;738502; said:
Considering its a couple of hundred gallons, depending on the tank I use my python to drain outside from a window and water my plants! I never use the facuet to drain with my python, only to fill my tanks.
Same here, although sometimes if it's too cold outside I just let it drain down the toilet or the shower drain.

nuth88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2006
Firestone, Colorado
awdawg;738627; said:
mine drains right into a sump pump.
I only fill with the python......:headbang2

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
hle_81;738496; said:
For those of you who usa the Python, wouldn't be better to drain the water outside rather than using the faucet? The syphon would be stronger and water is not wasted.
Yes, I've never found a Python practical. The job can be done better and cheaper with a water hose, gravel vac, and a couple of adaptors.

Jen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Nebraska, USA
I put a cup of bleach in a 5 gallon bucket fill with water and siphon it out with the python. When the hose is full stop the siphon and let it set for a while with the bleach water in it then rinse well and let air dry for a day or two before you use it agian. You may have to do this a couple of times but has worked for me.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
My python is great for smaller tanks, but on my bigger tanks I either drain it outside, or if I'm in a hurry to my basement. It really flows then! I love using it for refills.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store