Pythons and Boas

David Tobler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2007
Fresno,CA
www.myspace.com
$1000 is expensive for diamonds, $500 is fair market price. I'd say you can't go wrong with any Morelia. Though you might think about getting a Madagascan Tree Boa. They are very hardy, docile, and make a great addition to any collection.

lovespunaround

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Spartanburg, SC
Bloods are the best! Although maybe I shouldn't say that since I haven't exactly kept a ton of species. Maybe that's just because I learned early on that bloods are the best!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
David Tobler;1025527; said:
$1000 is expensive for diamonds, $500 is fair market price. I'd say you can't go wrong with any Morelia. Though you might think about getting a Madagascan Tree Boa. They are very hardy, docile, and make a great addition to any collection.
what! :( Most of the US sites I've looked at has been around 2500-3000 for a pair...
They are about a grand over here, which is about 2000 US. :( 500... that's like 250 quid. I'd have so many by now...

David Tobler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2007
Fresno,CA
www.myspace.com
davo;1026406; said:
what! :( Most of the US sites I've looked at has been around 2500-3000 for a pair...
They are about a grand over here, which is about 2000 US. :( 500... that's like 250 quid. I'd have so many by now...
http://www.priceanimal.com

That's Doug Price's website, he's the man when it comes to quality and very healthy pythons. He's located in the San Fransico Bay Area of California. I'm not sure how updated his website is, but there's contact info on there.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Pretty much sold out of everything atm, and couldn't find any normal prices. Unfortunately the cost of import is too much, and a lot of hassle. I remember getting quotes from Don Patterson and Craig Stuart (think that is the names). Maybe they are overcharging then.

Nocturnal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2007
PA
If you want a small python, Children's pythons are nice. Mine is about 3 years old and he's only about 2 ft long.

lovespunaround

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Spartanburg, SC
Bloods can be nippy or just plain mean as babies (mine was mean), but with gentle and patient handling, they calm down and can make really great pet snakes as long as you understand their boundaries, which is something that can vary a lot with each individual snake. One thing you can't do with blood pythons is half-ass the temperatures and humidity and expect the snake to be alright, because bloods aren't as hardy as, say, corn snakes or carpet pythons, which in my opinion are both amazing first snakes. Bloods are more for people who've been keeping snakes for a few years and want to try something a little more difficult. That's not to say that bloods are hard to keep; they're pretty easy as long as you know what the heck you're doing and you pay attention to them.

That said, I got my first carpet python last fall and fell in love with the genus...they became my main focus for about eight months, almost like an obsession. And I still love them a whole lot, but in the long run, nothing can top blood pythons for me.

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
Good luck finding a true Diamond Python for $500. You cant even get low quality Jaguars for that much. They are usually at least a couple grand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store