Quake, rattle, and roll

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Apparently the recent earthquake was not a subduction zone type earthquake... .. a very good thing for Anchorage. I live in the southern edge of the Cascadia Subduction Zone. I grew up in Southern California, and the San Andreas Fault was always a threat. Apparently, San Andreas is nothing compared to Cascadia. Cascadia Subduction Zone was only discovered in the last 30 years or so. Cascadia has produced earthquakes greater than 9 in the past (last time was 1700) and is expected to do so again. When Cascadia goes off, the Pacific Northwest will be devastated. This author received a Pulitzer for this article.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

My reality is that my house will be destroyed when the earthquake hits. If I survive the earthquake, I won't be able to go anywhere with all the bridges down. I can plan on not having electricity for 6 months or more. If I happen to be in town when the earthquake happens and survive it, I will have a few minutes to get to higher ground before the tsunami wipes out the town. FEMA plans for this earthquake include flying supplies to a little air strip 18 miles inland. I thought that was strange, since the city has an airport. Then I remembered that the tsunami will take out the airport.....

When Cascadia goes off, my house and my fish tank will most likely be destroyed. I will be very fortunate if I survive it.
Best get some bug out gear prepared

Reactions: islandguy11

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That’s horrifying to think Pacu mom.

i suppose it could, i had a resealed 135 years ago that did just that but i think it was my reseal job that was the true culprit and the shaker just pointed it out earlier than it would have otherwise. I dry docked it and when i was moving someone stole it, hope it burst on them
What kind of person steals a fish tank? Out of all the things to steal why a bloody fish tank? Plus it's not exactly a candy bar so there’s a high chance of being seen while you’re lumbering around trying to carry it away to your car or god forbid if you’re that stupid walking down the road with it.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I had it stored at my brothers "dog house " place, they probably backed their truck up and loaded it and the 60 that was inside it and drove away, 3/8 inch plate glass so they must have cased it and brought help. Local law enforcement was no help but they really had no leads either

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I had it stored at my brothers "dog house " place, they probably backed their truck up and loaded it and the 60 that was inside it and drove away, 3/8 inch plate glass so they must have cased it and brought help. Local law enforcement was no help but they really had no leads either
Never found local law enforcement helpful lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store