Quarantine Question: Adding Fish To Main Tank Drip Necessary?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Everyone, I have a group of neon tetras that are nearing their end of quarantine process. I have the temperature of the main and the QT the same as well as have been doing large water changes using the main tank water. Would I be able to simply just scoop the fish up in a net and simply just add them to the main? Or is it better to drip them for an hour or so? Curious what everyone does.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
As long as water temps are similar. I always do like Stephen st Claire has mentioned. Scoop em out and drop in tank.

Kevin@TUIC

Dovii
Staff member
Community Vendor
MFK Member
I probably import and acclimate more fish in a week than most people here will ever do in a lifetime. My imports are all float and release. Literally thousands at a time. It is the preferred method. I even have a detailed write up on my website about it: https://www.tangledupincichlids.com/acclimation

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Thank you everyone, going to just plop and drop... figured that would be the least stressful way.

I probably import and acclimate more fish in a week than most people here will ever do in a lifetime. My imports are all float and release. Literally thousands at a time. It is the preferred method. I even have a detailed write up on my website about it: https://www.tangledupincichlids.com/acclimation
Thank you kevin I read the article and it provided great info, however with my fish already in quarantine for more than a month and been doing water changes with main tank water do you think I could skip the floating bag and just plop them in? Figured that would be least stress on them

Kevin@TUIC

Dovii
Staff member
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Thank you everyone, going to just plop and drop... figured that would be the least stressful way.

Thank you kevin I read the article and it provided great info, however with my fish already in quarantine for more than a month and been doing water changes with main tank water do you think I could skip the floating bag and just plop them in? Figured that would be least stress on them
yep. same water source and likely close enough temperature to just go ahead and swap on over

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store