question about piranhas

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
they are illegal in california. They're illegal in new york and washington state, too. Climate doesn't seem to mean much when it comes to illegalizing fish.

monkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
if i put an air rock i my tank and hook it up to my truck think my piranha will live for a 12 hour ride. :topic:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
yes, he'd survive it, although it would be better if you replaced all of his water at the 6 hour mark-- stressed fish tend to urinate alot, and urine is mostly ammonia, which is deadly to fish.
i found the map off a Google search.

hibkrhom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
p's are illegal in cali. i heard if caught with posession of p's there is a 300-500$ fine for each fish and you are present when the fish are destroyed. if you are a dealer then the fine goes upto 1000$ each, a 20000$ fine and jail time. thats why i kinda slowed down on getting anymore p's for the moment.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
monkey said:
if i put an air rock i my tank and hook it up to my truck think my piranha will live for a 12 hour ride. :topic:
Not really off topic if your thinking of border hopping. They will probably make it, they are suprisingly tough, I transported several ranging from 9"-12=" overnite, each in its own 5g bucket and bat. pump from Ft. Ord, Ca. to Ft. Lewis, Wa. with an overnite stay near Crater Lake, Or. At one point the water temp reached mid 40s. All recovered, I was suprised any did. They came from a farm pond near Black Daimond, Ca. where there was a breeding population that had survived for many years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store