Question for Big Tank Owners

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
We all know that monster tanks are heavy. Even acrylic ones are heavy if big enough. How did you get your monstrous tanks inside the house? Care to share some tips, techniques , or reflections on how you got those big boys in?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
with my ''guns''

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
I knew a guy that had his 480 lowered into his house before the put the trusses in... the couple that bought it didn't like it and broke it to get it out...

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
rweedon said:
I knew a guy that had his 480 lowered into his house before the put the trusses in... the couple that bought it didn't like it and broke it to get it out...

Ive seen a tank like that on the web somewhere. Its for a acrylic tank manufacturer..
they had to crane it above the house.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
DeLgAdO said:
my tank was a perfect fit

it was like those toys where you push the shape through the hole of that shape :D just on a gigantic scale :)

hehe sweet.. how did u move it inside the house though?

one thing ive learned.. and i learned the hard way... i will be using dollys the next time. Its a life saver.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
redtailfool said:
hehe sweet.. how did u move it inside the house though?

one thing ive learned.. and i learned the hard way... i will be using dollys the next time. Its a life saver.

me my dad and his friend moved it in, the stand was already preped, so we just through the door and onto the stand :)

simple :D

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
DeLgAdO said:
my tank was a perfect fit

it was like those toys where you push the shape through the hole of that shape :D just on a gigantic scale :)
same here, it was 24 inches high so we were able to bring it into the room sideways. door frame was 30 inches wide, so it was a tight fit

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store